We have several new activities for children at Pelham Old Home Day:
- Petting Zoo- We’ll have bunnies, chickens, sheep, and goats for kids to meet, touch, and learn about.
- Traditional Races- There will be sack races, three-legged races, wheel-barrow races, and other fun group games for children of many ages, on the hour behind the playground.
- New games of skill for prizes will take place in the playground area of the church.
- A Teddy Bear Clinic will be held in the crafter area. Children can give their special friends the extra attention they deserve.
For teens and others we hope you check out:
- The New Hampshire National Guard display, where you can test your punching strength, see how many pull ups you can do, compete against other youth, and gear-up like the Guard members do.
- Our 24-Foot High Climbing Wall. New this year! Beginner climbers, experts, and everyone in between will enjoy the challenge of climbing to the top of the wall!”
A full breakfast of pancakes (plain or blueberry), bacon, and sausage (no eggs) and coffee will be served in the Church Fellowship Hall from 7-10 a.m.”
$5.00 per plate.
The Craft Fair
Dozens of craft and vendor booths in the churchyard.
The Victor Spaulding Memorial Auction
Something old, Something new, Something here is right for you. Bargains abound all day at the Old Home Day Auction. Credit Cards Accepted.
“Preview Time from 8:30-9:15, where you can pre-bid on particular items. Bidding will start at that price!”
The Old Home Day 5K Race & Walk
A five kilometer road race and a 2.5 mile fun walk through beautiful Pelham, NH. Proceeds benefit the Nashua Special Olympics organization.
The Pelham “Best of Show” Pie Contest
The best cooks from Pelham and beyond compete for “Best Pie” honors.
The Church Supper
The best pulled-pork dinner deal in town.
When: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm Rain or Shine, Take-out service starts at 3:30 pm
Where: Fellowship Hall (Enter from the door between the Penny Sale & the Stage)
Cost: Children $5, Adults $8, Take-out $8.
Includes Corn, Cole Slaw, Mac and Cheese, Pie and Beverage.
Fun games for kids. Every kid wins a prize.
The White Elephant Table
More bargains than you can shake a stick at. Hey! How much for that stick? Unsold items are donated to charitable organizations including the Lowell Wish Project, and The Epilepsy Foundation New England Donation Center after Old Home Day.
The Penny Sale
Winners drawn at 4pm
The Grand Parade
Antique cars and trucks, fire engines, marching bands and a whole lot more.
The 2017 theme is “Celebrating Pelham’s Excellent Educators.” Rebecca Cummings and Cheryl Andrews will serve as Grand Marshals.
The Country Store
Formerly known as the Emporium, the Women’s Fellowship group will sell Old Home Day souvenirs, home made goodies, handmade arts and crafts items.
The Old Home Day Raffles
Two raffles will be offered. The regular raffle draws prizes hourly all day long so buy your tickets ahead of time or early in the day. The Old Home Day Quilters raffle will be exclusive of the regular raffle and the hand-made Old Home Day Quilt is the one and only prize.
The Food Tent
Sausage, burgers, dogs, fries, and beverages served throughout the day.
Credit Cards Accepted.